Tis the season of moving.
Hey y'all,
I hope things are going well for you. It is spring break here. Hopefully y'all can enjoy spring break whenever it comes for you.
This week was another great week in the Spring Hill/Brooksville area. On Tuesday we met with our recent convert Sherman and he made us Padogi. It is like dumplings and it tasted really good. He is always kind and has food for us when we go over. Hopefully he continues to do well and improve in the gospel.
Then Wednesday was a crazy day full of a lot of really cool events. We started out by having district council. Recently our mission has made a big push to improve our member work. We have received some training from the mission department about how to do this better and I am excited to try it out soon. Then we had President's interviews which are always great. I love President Cooper and how he cares for his missionaries such as me. He gave me some great advice about how to study the scriptures and I am excited to apply it.
Then that night we had a lesson with Ted. We invited a member, Brother Drummond and he is awesome. He understands the Plan of Salvation really well. He basically taught Ted all of the Plan of Salvation, what we do in Temples, and a few other principles. Elder Case and I mostly just tried to pitch in where we could. After that we went to a coordination meeting with Brother Keenan. He always has some great advice on what we can do for members in the ward and what members have what assignment. I hope I can be like that someday. After that, we taught a man named Curtis. He is super nice. He is dating one of the members in the ward and I am excited to meet with him again soon. He seems to understand a lot of what we are saying and doesn't have too many preconceived notions which is really nice.
Then moving season happened. One of the members in our ward recently sold their house so they could move up to Virginia to be by family. This family, the Sanetra's have helped a lot with the missionary work here. I am so sad to see them go, but excited for their new adventure. We had to move most of the big stuff, but there were a few helpers which was really nice. The next day we had to help another member Brother Kenni unload his storage shed. Usually when you hear someone say they need help unloading a storage shed, it means that you have a shed filled to the brim and you are loading everything in sight. Because of that, we had a young church service missionary come and help us with his 2 younger brothers. Brother Kenni only needed help moving like 20 totes and a couple exercise bikes. Elder Mandelin and his brothers helped with the first load, but after that, we got it. It was super nice, but kind of time consuming.
Then this Sunday was amazing. We had some awesome talks on forgiveness and what was cool is that, Michael, one of the people we are teaching, helped the youth speaker write her talk. It was awesome. I left that meeting very inspired.
Then today we went bowling. I ended up bowling a 73 and Elder Case ended up bowling a 94. I am excited to go back and dominate him next week! I will let you know how it goes. Until then, have a great week and God Bless!
Elder Beard
Zone activity day last week.

Comments
Post a Comment