Just when you think you have seen everything on the mission!

Hey Y'all,

 

Wow this last week has seemed to be a roller coaster for everyone. I hope y'all are doing good and that you are enjoying having a time to only be with family for a little bit. Who knows, I may be joining y'all sooner than you think.

 

This last week has been crazy. It started out seeming like it was going to be a normal week. I started out on Tuesday by going on exchange with Elder Holloway in YSA. It was very interesting to be on campus trying to proselyte. One of their main finding tools it to perform a survey. It was awesome to see how good Elder Holloway was doing as this is his second transfer out on the mission.

 

Then on Wednesday I was back in Dade City. The most exciting thing that happened is we were able to get back in contact with Brandy. We were semi pumped with her possibly getting baptized this weekend, but the odds were against us because the next day when we had the interview scheduled she was still sick and so we had to push it back. We have been able to maintain good contact and are going to have short spiritual thoughts with her throughout this coming week. One cool thing we were able to do is make a ham and potato soup for her which ended up being a bit peppery but that was it.

 

Thursday was fun because Elder Porter went in and worked in the mission office and I was able to go with Elder Cook, our housing coordinator, and help him deliver some beds. I got to go through Brooksville ward and it was fun to go back to Coney Island there.

 

We also had some good chats with President Hollingsworth. He has been counseling us on almost a daily basis about how to help keep us safe and help us know how to continue to visit with the missionaries there. Who knows how things are going to go for us with the virus, but for now missionary work is the same except for the no church part.

 

Yesterday was cool though. We spent most of the day visiting with older members of the ward giving them the sacrament. It was amazing to help administer to them and hopefully help them have the spirit a little more. We were able to give the sacrament to our friend Sandy with her member friend and some older recent converts. It is a crazy time of life.

 

I think I would like to end today by bearing my testimony. I know that God is a loving God and that he cares for each of us. He knows what it is like to be in a pandemic and I know that as we strive to live as worthily as we can that we will be able to feel peace. I know Jesus Christ is our advocate and he felt all of our pain and gave us a living prophet to guide us at this time. I hope you have a great rest of the day and God Bless!

 

Well, that's about it for us this week. Until next time good luck and God Bless! 

 

Elder Beard


Comments

Popular posts from this blog