Happy 4th of July

 Hello everyone.

I hope things are going well for you in whatever you are doing. I also hope that your fourth of July was fun. It sounds like things are going well for those who I have been able to hear from.

 

Well, things are going well here in the North Port Area, for our fourth of July, we had a pancake breakfast which was cool. They had a color guard that was really impressive and we also had our new friend (new term for investigator) Mike come to the breakfast. That was really cool. We were also going to go to a freedom festival that is much like the one back in Richfield but it rained right before it started so that didn't work.

 

When it rains here in Florida, It pours. From Wednesday to Friday, it rained every day for 2 hours and we had to take shelter to be out of the rain and lightning. It is cool to watch the rain and lightning. It is a bit terrifying when lightning sounds like a gunshot. I know that the Lord is protecting the missionaries out in the Tampa mission though.

 

We also had a couple of our new friends say that they would come to church. One of them is Shernesa, a single mom who is really open to learning and awesome. We were also going to have Frank, a surveyor with one son, come too. They both had something happen so they couldn't come this last week, but hopefully this week they will be able to.

 

We were also able to teach a man named Mike. He is an older man that hangs out at Burger King each day from 4-9. He is a really nice guy that agrees with what we are teaching him. We are meeting with him again today so that should be fun.

 

This week I learned that I still have a lot to learn about how much I can really learn from my mission. I am not saying that the mission is going to be easy. It is a lot of work and can be really hard at times. I know that there are so many lessons to be learned either from your companions or your investigators that it will be one of the best things for my life. 

 

Well, that's about it for this week. I hope that this week goes well for you. Talk to you next week.

 

Elder Bryan Beard

 

1. Hiding under an alcove so that we didn't get struck by the lightning  that sounded like gunshots.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog