Another Clearwater baptism and mission farewells.
Hey Y'all.
I hope things are going well for you. Things are going great right here in Palm Harbor. I have truly seen Heavenly Father's hand in this work. I hope you have been able to see that in your own life as well.
This week was a roller coaster. On Tuesday I had to say goodbye to Elder Christensen. He is a great person and I hope he has a great post-mission life. I have learned so much from him and will try to apply what I learned throughout the entire time I was with him. I now have Elder Mainor as my companion. He is really good at asking people about if we can share our message which is something I can work on. I am excited to keep learning and growing in unity with him.
Then Elder Mainor and I got to work in Palm Harbor. This has been a little stressful for me since this is the first time where I have had to take over the area. The Lord has definitely blessed me with his Holy spirit to guide me and Elder Mainor this week. One example is that Elder Mainor and I were going to try to stop by someone in a neighborhood named west lake. When we were stopped at the light, I got the impression that we were supposed to go to another neighborhood that is across the street from Westlake. After we were walking around this other neighborhood for a minute, we ran into a man named John. He was raised baptist and we were able to have a good conversation about the Book of Mormon and were able to answer some of his questions. He said that if we saw him outside that we could talk some more to him. That was a miracle and I know that as I strive to become more consecrated and listen to the Holy Spirit that there will be many more miracles like that through out the next 2 years.
Then Elder Mainor and I were able to attend a baptism this week for a person that Elder Mainor taught. Her name is Linda and it was a really good service. I love attending baptism's. The spirit is so strong and it is so cool to see people worthy enough to enter the waters of baptism. Hopefully we will be able to have a baptism pretty soon here in Palm Harbor as well.
This Sunday was also really cool because we had 2 mission farewells. One of them is going to the Utah, Ogden mission and the other is going to the Arizona Phoenix mission. I am so excited for them because I have been able to have them come to lessons with us and they are both great missionaries all ready. I am excited to hear how they do over the next 2 years.
There were many other miracles that happened this week. We were able to meet with Patrick again. We taught him this time about repentance and the Gift of the Holy Ghost. It was really powerful. We were also able to help out more with Chad and Chrissy with their landscaping. Chad had also read the pamphlet and I am excited to hopefully get to teach them soon. This week was just amazing.
Other than that, it was just another week in one of the best wards in the Florida, Tampa mission. I am excited to try to make this week as great as the next week. I hope you are able to do the same. Have a great day.
God Bless!
Elder Beard
Moroni 10:32
"32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God."
1. Elder Mainor and I
2. Elder Christensen and I as I was dropping him off at the mission office.


Comments
Post a Comment