2 Months in Florida
Hello everyone,
I hope that your last week of summer for some of you has been great. I also hope that those of you who have to go to school will enjoy it when you start that again.
This last week was a slower week here in the North Port Area. We had a lot of lessons fall through on us. It is tough when that happens. I know that the Lord knows everything though and that as we strive to follow Him with "an eye single to his glory", that he will bless our efforts for our good.
We were able to meet with our friend Guisseppe again. He is a great man and is very kind . He and his wife are both open to us teaching the Gospel and we have a lesson planned for tomorrow with them. I am excited to teach them and see how the Gospel can help bless their lives.
We also met with Jedediah again this week. He is still in a rough situation, but he has been able to have a much better outlook on life because he is studying the Book of Mormon and what he says is the Book of Thomas. We also committed him to the 15 step program that we have to help people quit smoking in a week. We are most likely going to have to start that next week with him though since we were not able to get the supplies we need to start that program. I am soo excited to meet with him again.
We were not able to meet with Rocky this week though. He told us that we could come by on Friday again so I am excited to see him then.
We also had zone conference this week. That was really cool. I was able to learn a lot about how to introduce and read The Book of Mormon with people with interest more effectively. That has been really cool. We also learned that as we contact 20 people a day, that we will see baptisms increase in each of our areas. I am excited to try that out and see how well it goes.
That is about all that happened this week. I hope that all of you have a great last couple of weeks of summer and that school goes well for you again. Talk to y'all again next week. God Bless!!!
Elder Beard
Comments
Post a Comment