Happy President's Day
Hey y'all
Happy President's day. I hope you all do something fun to remember good ol' President Washington's and President Lincoln's birthday. I know there will be cupcakes here at least for that reason and others.
This last week went pretty well. On Tuesday we started off by going to district council. This week I had everyone give a 5 minute training on a specific section of a talk about how to become a consecrated missionary. It was super uplifting to see everyone's different teaching style and insights.
Then later that day I went on Exchange with Elder Gottfredson. It was a fun time. We went over to Stephen's and we were able to help him learn a little more about how gratitude and humility work together. That was good.
Then Tuesday we had a good evening with the Plumbs. The Plumbs are a senior couple serving a mission in the Dade City ward as well. We took them to go to a lesson with a recent convert named Masey. She just had a new baby who is doing well. She is waiting to come to church again after the baby gets her 2 month shots. We had an awesome lesson with them about the temple. She is super excited to go in the future.
We also had a good lesson with the Plumbs and Stephen. We had a good conversation about the connection between grace and works and ended up committing him to read from the Book of Mormon and solely from the Book of Mormon. Elder and Sister Plumb made some great comments as well and are definitely happy to help with the work. I am so glad I got to meet them.
Our friend Sandy got sick so she will not be able to have been taught all of the lessons before her scheduled baptism this Saturday, but we will help her hopefully enter the waters of baptism in early March. We also had a cool miracle the other night. We have a couple of members who live in a trailer park not too far from where we live. They held a pot-luck for everyone in the park and only 3 of the members and one other person showed up. The other person though had a lot of questions about our church and we were all able to testify of Christ and some of the more unique points of doctrine of our church and it seemed to click well with him. He is already affiliated with 4 other churches in the area, but he said that some time he would like to go on a church tour. I am excited to keep working with him slowly but surely.
Well that is about it for this week. I hope that this week is the best week yet for you. Until next time, good luck and God Bless!
Elder Beard
zone conference last week.

Comments
Post a Comment