Hey Y'all, 

I hope things are getting back to normal for Y'all. It has definitely done so for me. I hope Y'all have a good time with school or whatever you are doing at this point in your life. 


Things are going pretty well here. On Tuesday we had a pretty good day. We were able to visit with Sister White. She is doing O.K. Her and Sister Gleason have gone through some rough times together. They are both sweet people. I hope they can find a solution to their problems in the future. 


Later that night we were able to council with our Elders quorum presidency about the ward mission plan we are trying to put together. It was good to see their passion for the work. I am excited to keep working with them to help the work progress here. We also went to basketball afterwards and I was actually able to make some good shots. I am glad that there are good people there to mentor me in basketball. I hope I can return the favor and help mentor them as they learn about the church later on. 


On Wednesday we had interviews with the President and Sister Hollingsworth. I was able to receive good counsel from both of them on some things that I really needed to know. It is amazing to see the care they have for each missionary. I hope each of you who have served missions have felt the same way. 


We also had a good day Thursday. We went over and had a good visit with our friend Gary. We showed him the 15 steps to help him quit smoking in a week and some time in the near future we are going to help get him ready for that. I am excited to see him stop smoking. We also had a Book of Mormon class on baptism and the Sacrament. It was really insightful to think about what am I thinking about during the sacrament. A quote in there from Dallin H. Oaks really hit me. In essence he talked about how he was saddened to see people on their phone and other distractions obviously not keeping the commandment to remember Him always in the very meeting where they are Covenanting to do so. It helped me think more about what am I doing during the Sacrament Hours. 


We also had a good visit with Sister Mcgettigan on Saturday. We showed her the first part of the video "Joseph Smith, Prophet of the Restoration" She understood it all very well which I was glad to hear. She is such a sweet Lady. 


Then yesterday was awesome. It was Bekim's mission farewell. It was good to hear his sweet testimony. He is going to be a great missionary. We also had a good visit with our friends the Brownells. We were able to explain what the Book of Mormon is and find out where they are in coming closer to Christ. It went very well because we brought one of the young adults from our ward named Shalee. She was able to connect and teach super well to their needs. She is also working on going on a mission soon and I am excited to see what she does on her mission. 


Well, that is about it for this week. I hope that this is the best week yet for Y'all. Until next time good luck and God Bless! 


Elder Beard


Comments

Popular posts from this blog