A Sunday to remember.
This was an interesting week. We were able to have some cool stuff happen though. I hope each of you in college survived finals week and that you enjoy your Christmas break.
This week we had a tiring discussion with our friend John. We went over just to see how he was doing and set up another time to meet and ended up watching the first 2 book of Mormon videos. In the second one he didn't agree that God would command Nephi to kill Laban. We had a discussion and I got a little contentious with him which I feel bad about. He did agree to have us come back and have another conversation with him. I am excited to see how it goes.
We also had a good morning on Wednesday. The Seminole 2 Elders came over and had companionship study with us. They did some role plays of how to work in Ward Council and share the Christ Child with our friends. It was a good practice. We were able to go and show the Christ Child right after that and it went well. The member we showed it to said she would show it to her husband which is awesome.
Friday was a good day. We were able to visit with Sister White. She is doing ok but is in a hard situation. We had to help her set some rat traps and was able to show her the video "Mountains to Climb" which is one of my favorites. If you could keep her in your prayers that would be amazing. We also had one of our members come to a soccer night that we put on. They enjoyed it even though they were the only ones there that weren't missionaries.
Then on Saturday there was a concert at our church. There is a lady named Mrs. Matz who is not a member of our church which has been putting this on for the past 25 years. A few years ago a lot of members of our church started to join her group and the church she was attending at the time kicked her out because of that. Ever since then she has been teaching strings music at our church to children and they had a nice little concert that night. She is a really nice lady. I hope we can teach her in the near future.
Then this Sunday was awesome. During the second hour of church, we went out as a ward and visited some of the less active members of the ward. I went with the Brown family and visited the Tufaga family. They were appreciative of our visit and the dad said that he would come next year to church. I am excited to see if he comes.
I also got to have a lesson focused around Star wars this week! For any who don't know, I am a huge star wars fan so that was quite a treat. We were visiting our friend Eli and he brought up how he is watching the star wars series recently. I was able to make a comparison about Anakin's fall to the dark side like how Satan tempts us away from God. It made good sense to him and it was a great time for me.
Well that is about it this week. I would definitely encourage all of you to invite someone to the special Christmas Sunday service next Sunday. I know it will make your Christmas experience better. If any of you have some cool experiences while doing so I would love to hear about that. Until next time I hope you have a great Christmas season and God bless!
Comments
Post a Comment