The Christ Child

Hey Y'all, 

I hope it has been a good week for you so far. Things are going pretty well here in the mission field. This week we definitely saw some miracles and had some cool revelations as well.      One miracle this week is we were having to wait for the Seminole 2 Elders to come pick us up from district council so we could switch which one of us had the car. As we were waiting, we decided to try calling some of the less active members of the ward, an idea Elder Wilson had given me a few weeks ago. One of the ladies we called answered and we asked if we could possibly share a breif message with her and she said it was not a good time because she was in the middle of getting ready to move. We asked if she would like our help and she said that she could use some help in the backyard. We set up a time to go over and ended up spending a couple hours filling in holes in her back yard that her dog had dug. She was super appreciative of our help and told us she had had no idea how to even get to the back yard with everything else going on. She even took it as a sign that she would try to come back to church and I think I saw her there. She was on the far side of the chapel from us so I wasn't sure and she ducked out halfway through and I didn't quite see her leave. We are going to continue to serve her on Tuesday and I am excited to keep helping her.      Then on Wednesday we had Zone conference with Elder James B. Martino of the 70. He is an inspiring man. We were able to watch the new Christ Child video early and he told us about it and the work that went into creating this movie. It is supposed to be the most historically accurate rendition of the Nativity ever. He pointed out some cool details that will probably shock you about the inn and why Jesus is 2 when the wise men visit him. I would definitely encourage any of you who have not seen it already to watch it. We have been showing it to the members in our ward and I am excited to keep sharing it with other people. He also taught us how to work better with the members and part of that is to serve the members creatively. I would love to hear any ideas that any of you have had or used when you are on the mission or that a missionary has done for you.      We also had a good visit with our friend Eli. He has a pretty busy life, but does take time every Saturday and meets with us. This last visit was really good. We kind of shocked him since he wants to get baptized and we told him this time that he needs to qualify and live the standards to get baptized. We talked a little bit about the word of Wisdom and I asked him "if you found out the word of Wisdom is true, would you live it," and he said it would be tough, but he would. I am excited to keep working with him.      Then yesterday Sophia, one of the recent converts I taught gave a talk in church. She talked about how she has come closer to Jesus Christ this year and did an amazing job. We were also able to go over later that night and show her the new Christ Child video. We ended up talking a little bit about how the Jews don't believe Christ is the Messiah and that kind of shocked her. I am impressed by her faith and how though she doesn't know everything, she acts on what she knows. I am glad that Heavenly Father blessed me to meet her.      Well that is about it for this week, I hope it is a great week for Y'all as well. Until next time good luck and God Bless! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog