Meeting all the less-actives

Hey Y'all, 


I hope Y'all had a great week. This week was a different week for me, but it went super well. We have met a lot of really less-active families that we are working with or will hopefully be working with shortly. That has been exciting.


One of the coolest miracles that happened this week is we were able to stop by our friends John and Katie and John's mom was there. She was very strong in her faith and was trying to show us why her faith was correct. It was an interesting conversation about the kingdoms of Glory and the Priesthood, but was overall an o. K. Visit. The miracle is that when we were leaving Katie said " it is always crazy when you come over, but is always peaceful when you leave." It was a really good visit. 


Other than that, it has been a whole lot of stop by's and a couple service projects. One of the cool service projects we did is there was a lady named Sister Gleason who had a whole lot of overgrowth in her backyard We spent a good portion of time chopping down branches and bundling what we cut and it looked really good afterwards. Later we were able to go back and meet her roommate who is also a less active member and show them the new Book of Mormon videos. (if you haven't seen them I would highly suggest watching them.)


We also met a really cool young lady who is a less-active member named Sister Atwater. She was super nice. Funny thing is that she is from the Palm Harbor ward where I was serving my mission last year at around this time. She was totally willing to have us come back over, but said that her family wasn't interested. Later that week we took Bekim to stop by and Sister Atwater and she wasn't home, but her mom was. We had a really good conversation with her and I am Really excited to see how it goes for them.


We also had some good stop bys with our friends the Borings and the Walkers. We finally met Sister Boring's husband and had a good ham dinner with her. She is such a sweet lady. Our visit with the Walkers went well too. They were nice and fed us lunch and we were able to watch the newest Book of Mormon video. That went super well. We are also hopefully going to answer some of his doctrinal questions next time. 


That's about it for this week. I am glad that I am serving. One thing that I noticed at the Book of Mormon class we go to each week is how much I am going to miss having just one purpose in life. It is going to be weird to have to worry about the news and so on. I hope those of you who are considering going on a mission do. I know that it will bless your life so much. Until next time I hope that you have a great day and God Bless!


Elder Beard


Service from this week.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog