The time that giant dancing spiders take over our soccer night. 

Hey Y'all, 

I hope this week is going well for you. It has been a pretty good day for us so far. We were able to go fishing this morning which was fun. Elder Austin and I were both able to catch a catfish and a lot of Snapper. It was a fun time. This week we were able to see some good stuff happen. I am excited to see what happens this week because of that. 


We started out this week by giving some service to some of the members of the ward. One of our members who lives in our apartment complex had been backed into. Luckily no one was hurt. We were able to go over and give her a blessing. I am glad that I hold the priesthood and can give blessings when they are needed. We were also able to help another member of the ward move from one house to the one right across from where he lives. That was fun. 


We were also able to play basketball at the church. I am starting to learn how to play a little better. We were able to have some fun games and also had some awesome conversations with some of the nonmembers that came. It was awesome to see how just starting up a conversation can lead to an opportunity of sharing the Gospel. 


We also had a really cool miracle happen this week. We were driving to stop by a referral we had received a while ago and hadn't heard from in a while and ended up driving past a less-active member of the ward named Sister Boring that we had tried to contact before. I felt like we should stop by this less active member so we pulled in and she was there. She was very excited to see us and we were able to have a good conversation with her and invite her to church. We are also going to go visit her this Friday which is awesome. I am excited to see how that goes. 


Then this weekend went well. This Friday was fun. The Seminole 2 Elders were trying to set up a soccer night every Friday for the next little while. As Elder Austin and I pull up a little early we see that there is a weird Halloween decoration for the church. /As we go farther in we See this giant balloon spider sitting on the floor and Sister Marcucci from the Palm Harbor ward telling us that they were setting up for a regional dance. Thus our dancing spider ended up taking over our soccer night. Luckily we will be doing the same thing next week which will be awesome.


Then this Sacrament meeting was an eventful time. We started out by having our bishopric changed. Brother Borgeson, the second counselor is moving. He is a great man. I am sad to see him go. Our friend Brother Brown, the one who adopted Sophia, was sustained as first counselor and the old first counselor, Brother Beckman, was called as second counselor. That was a shock, but I am excited to keep working with all of them more in the future. It was also our primary program that was very cute. I love their innocence. They are able to teach stories of Jesus in ways that are profound to me. I hope I can become as the scriptures say more like them. 


Other than that, things are pretty much the same. Just a lot of really slow progression with our people right now. I am excited to try to help them progress in the near future. Until next week I hope you have a great week and God Bless! 


Elder Beard




Comments

Popular posts from this blog