Sophia's baptism!!!
Hey y'all,
I hope you are doing well. We are doing pretty well here and had an eventful week.
Of course the most exciting thing this week was helping Sophia prepare to, and eventually get baptized this weekend. We were able to have 2 lessons with her this week and by the last lesson you could tell that she believed what we were telling her. It was an amazing experience for me as well. I can definitely see how the Atonement has worked in her life. She has changed quite a bit from the first time I met her.
Her baptism was amazing as well. She had sooo many people from the ward come to attend the baptism. It was amazing to see those come to support her. One of my favorite parts of the baptismal service was when her 2 younger brothers sang I am a child of God. It was so cute. She just seemed radiant afterwards. I am excited to keep in touch with her.
We also were able to teach some pretty cool new people as well. One family we were able to teach was Joel and Aiden. They are trying to see different perspectives of religion so we were able to share the Restoration with them and they said that we could come back. I am excited to see what happens with them. We were able to leave them with a Book of Mormon and I am very hopeful that Aiden will have read it by next time.
We were also able to meet a lady named Luz. We had contacted her son earlier in the week and said we could come back. When we knocked on the door Luz answered. She said that Edwin was busy, but that she would like to talk to us about God. We were then able to talk to her and her husband about the restorations and they seemed to understand it up until the Book of Mormon. They were a little hesitant to take a Book of Mormon because of some past conceptions, we were able to resolve those though and they took one and we are going back on Saturday. I am so glad that the Lord has entrusted Elder Austin and I with these people to teach. I hope I can continue to be worthy of those blessings.
Other than that it was a pretty normal week. I am excited to see how this next week goes and I hope that it goes well for you as well. Until next week good luck and God Bless!
Elder Beard
1. Sophia and her family at the baptism

Comments
Post a Comment