Another Jam packed Week
Hey y'all,
Man this was a jam packed week. A lot has happened and I am excited to tell y'all about it. I hope that y'all have as cool adventures as I have been able to.
We started out this week with a really cool miracle. On Tuesday we were biking to the other side of town and, to save time, I suggested that we eat at a restaurant. When we got there we decided to go to Taco Bell. Right when I ordered my food, the cashier asked if she could sit with us for her lunch break and talk about God. We found out her name is Victoria and she just moved here and has some trials she is going through. We were able to talk to her about church and the Book of Mormon and it really seemed to help her. We haven't been able to get in contact with her again yet, but hopefully soon we will be able to.
Then on Wednesday we had a few meetings. First off we had our correlation meeting with dinner before. Our correlation was really inspired and we were able to come up with a lot of ideas on how to help the people we are working with. Then after that we went to the church and trained the people who are going to be doing the BoM experiment with us. That was fun to see the youth enjoy that and practice asking someone to participate. That was nice.
Then on Thursday I was able to go on an exchange with Elder Smith in Brooksville. He is a newer missionary, but is already very good at contacting people. I was able to learn about making sure to extend some invitation with everyone from him. I am excited to see how his mission goes for him.
On Friday we were able to have our Mission President interviews. Man, I love meeting with him. He was able to give me some great advice that I needed to hear.
Then on Saturday we were able to perform the Book of Mormon experiment. It was a super fun activity. I was able to spend most of the time with a kid named Andrew. Him and I were able to get a few people to participate and it is always cool to see their responses. I am excited to do it again this next week.
Then on Sunday I swore off the Facebook app for a while. One of the people we are teaching is having a hard time reading the Book of Mormon so I felt like I should challenge him to see who can stay off of social media longer. I gave up Facebook and he gave up Instagram. I am excited to see him progress in the Gospel because of this and to see how much more time I have as I stay away from social media.
That is about it for this week. I am grateful for the progression of the people we are teaching in this area and for the time that I have to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It has been very difficult at times, but the lessons you learn on a mission are invaluable. I would not give up one second of the time I have spent. I would like to say thank you for those that have served or are serving and urge those considering going on missions to do so. I know it will change your life as you are worthy of those blessings. Have a great week and until next time God Bless!!!
Elder Beard
1. A really cool challenge put together by some missionaries that used to be in this area. Basically you read a chapter of the Book of Mormon every day and answer the questions involved.
2. BoM experiment (look it up at bookofmormon.org)
3. Elder Smith and I after our exchange



Comments
Post a Comment