The time my companion and I caught a rag on fire! 

Hey y'all,

I hope things are going well for y'all. I imagine that it is and if it isn't I hope that it will soon.

Things are going pretty well here in the Brooksville area. This Tuesday I was able to go on exchange with Elder Eisele. He is one of the missionaries that I served around at the beginning of my mission. (At this point I have served around him and one other missionary in the same district for more than a quarter of my mission) I really enjoy  how funny and smart he is. He helped me learn a lot especially about how to look up scriptures quickly.

Then on Wednesday, Elder Case and I were able to meet one of the referrals we received over 10 weeks ago. His name is Lou and he is sweet. He has some verry old dogs which are pretty well trained. He has a desire to read the Book of Mormon and come to church so that was amazing.

Then on Thursday we helped the Sanetra's move again. They were going to have a moving company do it, but they were only going to use a 10'X10' truck which was not big enough for their stuff. It went pretty well and we had plenty of help so that went well. After words we decided to make some chicken nuggets and we couldn't find our heat pads so I decided to grab them with a rag real quick before I burned them which I did but dropped the rag in the process.

Then on Saturday we decided to quickly visit a member up at the top of our area and drop off some cookies. I had not baked them yet so we decided to do it during our lunch. We start to preheat the oven and about 5 minutes later I start smelling something weird. I tell Elder Case and he just thinks that I am joking, but then looks at the oven and something is on fire. Turns out that the rag I dropped fell back into the oven and was touching one of the heating coils. Elder Case tries to grab it and throw it in the sink, but sikes himself out doing so so the Great Elder Beard swooped in and grabbed the towel and hurled it into the pan filled with water in the sink and saves the day! That was quite an adventure. Make sure to check your oven before turning it on for loose rags now. ;)

Then today we got our transfer calls and All of the Brooksville missionaries will be staying. I am excited to see how it goes and the work that Elder Case and I will do in the next few weeks. We have one person we are 90% sure will be baptized this next. I am excited to see how it goes for him in the next few weeks. I will keep you posted. That's about all that happened this week. I am excited to see what this next week brings. Until then, have a great week and God Bless!

Elder Beard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog