Happy late Easter y'all
Hey Y'all
Happy belated Easter!! This Easter was a lot different than any other Easter I have had before, but was probably one of my favorite Easters yet.
This week started off really well. We started off by going to our friends the Deleonardi's family. We have been visiting them for a while, but this week we were able to teach them about the Book of Mormon and the beginning of the Restoration. It helped them to feel comfortable with the Book of Mormon. We are excited to see how they enjoy it the next time we go over there.
Then on Wednesday we were able to visit our friend Ted. He has a desire to be baptized, but has not kept many of the commitments we have left with him. We were able to set up a time to help him with today. We are excited to see if we can help him be baptized in the near future. We also met with our friend Francisco. He is also doing o.k. We are trying to help him recognize the importance of church. We are hopeful that eventually as he tries to come to church that he will feel the peace that he wants there.
Then this Friday we had the awesome opportunity to hold our volleyball night. We were able to have 3 of the active families in the ward come. It ended up being a great activity with some great games. Hopefully as we continue to hold these events we will be able to make this a great event that people can count on to invite their friends too!
Then on Saturday we were able to do the Book of Mormon experiment again. It was an awesome experience. My favorite part was that one of the youth that we brought with us is able to have his friends participate in the experiment. I love seeing the successes of the youth more than my own successes.
Our Easter this year was Stake Conference. It was amazing and nerve racking at the same time. They had some awesome talks on Easter week and temple attendance. The coolest part for me was that we were able to have 3 members of the Brooksville ward receive the Melchizedek priesthood including 2 recent converts. It was an awesome experience.
Then the rest of Easter we were able to visit those who got the Melchizedek priesthood and congratulate them. That was probably one of the coolest experiences I have had. It was able to strengthen me and strengthen those people as well. I am excited to see how things continue to go for them.
I would also like to bear my testimony of God's timing. This week we were going to a members house and found that the address we had was wrong. Then I remembered that a while ago I saw one of the members outside of a house a ways down the road. That time when I saw the member we were trying to stop by someone who was taught previously who had a wrong address around the corner from them. We didn't meet that person or any people who were interested in that area that first time. That time stopping by those people helped me over a month and a half later to find the members we needed to visit. I am so glad that Heavenly Father was able to prepare me over a month and a half earlier to help those members this week. I know that God cares about each of us and knows what we need and when. I am glad that he did so for me and know that he will for you too. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen
That's about it for this week. I hope that those of you in college are excited for your finals and that you have already purchased your mountain dew (or whatever caffeinated beverage you use that isn't coffee or tea) since I am sure it will be in short supply soon. Good luck for all others in whatever is coming up in your lives. Until next week, God Bless!!!!!!!
Elder Beard
Comments
Post a Comment