Pancakes and Miracles
Hey Y'all,
I hope things are going well for y'all. Things are going pretty well here in Jolley ol' Brooksville. The temperature has been a chilly 80 degrees here for the past week. Hopefully y'all have been able to survive the cold wherever you are at.
This week was super cool. We were able to work hard and see a lot of success. On Monday we were able to teach Michael. He is a friend of the Croft family and loves the Gospel. We were able to teach him about tithing and fast offerings and it went well. Brother Croft had a really good analogy that helped him understand what was going on. I am glad they were there to help him understand that.
Then on Tuesday we went on Exchange. Elder Scoresby and I went with Elder Murray to Brooksville. The most exciting thing that happened is we were able asked by one of our recent converts Victoria to give her a blessing. We were able to go over with the Sanetra family and it was a nice blessing.
Then on Thursday it was really cool. We were able to visit 2 of the recent converts in the Evening. We were able to visit Victoria again with Brother Sanetra and Brother Sickenberger. We taught the restoration again and the cool thing was that she is having her own cool experiences with the scriptures. We were also able to show her Preach My Gospel which I hope she enjoys in preparation for a mission. We were also able to visit the Gizzi family again. Their family is nice and I am always excited to go over there. Each time we go over there there are little signs that Brother Gizzi is wanting to change his life. I know that as we try to help him out throughout the next while, we will be able to help him receive all the blessings of the temple with his family.
Then Saturday was busy. We went to a pancake breakfast in the morning and it was super good. They did a really good job with the Pancakes. It was also cool since Donny and Jodie came. They did seem to enjoy it and quite a few members came up to them and fellowshipped them. They were thrown off by the fact that we don't have Coffee, but hopefully we will be able to resolve that soon. We also did a little finding in the city of Brooksville. We were able to talk to a few people and some said we could come back. I am excited to go to the small town of Brooksville again.
We also taught a man named Joseph the on Saturday. Joseph is a sweet man who is wanting to change his life. Because of that he is in a sober house for a few weeks. It was strange because it took quite a process to get inside of the place. You can't take any electronics, keys, etc into the place. Once we got in it was super sweet though. He really has a desire to change. We were also given permission to give him a blessing and you could feel the spirit. I am excited to teach him again.
Sadly Donny and Jodie were not able to come. We met a super cool person named Ted on Saturday night and he wanted to learn about the Book of Mormon and come to church. Then after meeting with us, someone in Dollar General told him he would not regret reading the Book of Mormon. I am excited for him again.
I know that this work is true. It is definitely hard, but I know that as we all strive to listen to the Savior that he will strengthen us. He has strengthened me and I know he will strengthen me again.
I hope y'all have a great week coming up. I know that if you lean on the Savior you will. Have a great week.
God Bless!
Elder Beard
Random statue we found biking the other day. I guess Jesus listened to beats.

Comments
Post a Comment