All the Driving!!!!

 Hey Y'all,

I hope things are going well for you today. Things are going pretty well here in Brooksville. A lot of cool stuff happened even though we were always super busy. It was really cool to see the hand of the Lord in our work. I hope y'all were able to see his hand in your life as well.

This week we have had to do so much driving. it is super hard not to in Brooksville. Our church building is like 25 minutes away from where we live. We had to make that trip multiple times. We also had to drive to Zone conference in Tampa, to the Toyota dealership in Wesley Chapel to get the car looked at, and to a Why I believe in Sarasota, which is 2 hours away from where we live.

We have been able to see some cool miracles. One of the cool things that we have been able to do is hold an English class 3 times a week. We had a really cool person named Gisele who came this week. She is from Brazil and is awesome. We gave her a Portuguese book of Mormon and Elder Scoresby has been able to teach her in Spanish since she can understand that fairly well.

We also had a really powerful zone conference. President Cooper taught us about the importance of referrals. I have seen that when I have received referrals from members, that they usually have been prepared by the Lord to receive the Gospel. That is how my friend Patrick got baptized in Palm Harbor. I know that as we all strive to do missionary work, that regular members are often better missionaries that we as full time missionaries are. You can unlock doors that we as missionaries can not. I hope each of you can have the desire to reach out to your friends and bring them closer to Christ in some way. I know that the Holy Ghost will help you if you do.

Another cool miracle was we were able to teach a man named Donny. Elder Scoresby had been able to teach him once before and so we texted him earlier this week and he texted us back saying that he wanted to come to church. We went over and was able to teach him and his family about church and they really liked it.

On that Sunday. We were waiting for them to come to church. Finally it was time for the meeting to start and they had still not shown up. Then finally after the sacrament had been passed, they walked in. It made each of our day so well. HIs son Jackson loved it. I am excited to keep working with them. Hopefully we will be able to help them recognize all the blessings we have and see them dressed in white in a baptismal font some day soon.

We also had a really cool Why I believe fireside in Sarasota. Elder Hird was in the choir so we had to go. WE were able to have Gisele come to the fireside though which was really cool. Another awesome thing is that one of Elder Hird's recent converts that he had lost contact with spoke at the event. He was so happy about that. I was also able to talk to the Bishop of the North Port ward. It was super nice to see them again. It brought back a lot of good memories for each of us in our companionship since we were all trained in the Sarasota stake.

That's about all that happened this week. Hopefully this week there won't be as much driving. I know that whatever happens though, that the Lord will bless us as we try our best. I know that he will bless each one of you as you try your best to follow his counsel to you. I hope each of you have a great week.

God Bless!

Elder Beard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog