Stake conference!!!!!
Hey y'all,
I hope y'all had a great veterans day and day off today for that as well. I hope the rest of your week is as good as right now as well.
This last week was really good. We were able to find a couple of cool people this week. One person we met has said that he has had a lot of different questions about the Old testament that he hasn't been able to have answered. We were able to show him the gospel library and the institute manuals so hopefully that will be able to help him.
Elder Mainor and I are also still teaching Chris. He is really liking what we share. He shares with us each time about how he knows Jesus Christ died for our sins and that through him we are able to attain eternal life. We have another appointment with them on Thursday. I am so excited to keep teaching him.
Then this Saturday and Sunday were really cool. It was our stake conference so we were able to see President Cooper and President Bangerter and listen to them speak. The Saturday session was all about missionary work so they had 3 recent converts, including Jason Rodriquez who Elder Mainor was serving in Clearwater when he got baptized. They also had our ward mission leader speak and he talked about how all we need to do is share what we know. It does not take a miraculous change to become a missionary. If we share what we have a testimony of, the Holy Ghost will be able to bear witness of that. That is something that I have found. I am not a scriptorian of any sorts. I do know some doctrine that helps me and as I "treasure up the words continually" the Holy Ghost is able to bring to my remembrance what I need to share. They also had us sing "I'll go where you want me to go" as a zone which was really fun.
The next day Phillip was able to attend. He caught a ride with the Kimball's and the first person he met as he walked into the stake building was Stake President Bangeter. That was really exciting to hear. We got to ride down with Brother Bleakley which was amazing. He is such a humble man that gave us a lot of life advice and how to build wealth. I am so grateful to have got to know the Bleakley family. That Sunday session was all about attending the temple. It made me excited for the next time I get to go to the temple and to possibly be a temple worker when I return home and go to college again.
Other than that, it was a normal week. This week should be a good one as well. God Bless!!!
Elder Beard
Comments
Post a Comment