Hurricane Michael and Transfers


Hey Y'all,

 

I hope things have been going well for you. A lot has happened in the last week. I hope y'all have had an exciting week as I have here in Florida.

 

The first thing that happened is that there was Hurricane Michael that Hit the Panhandle of Florida. Our mission was going to catch the very bottom of the Hurricane so on Monday we were told there was a 50/50 chance we might evacuate if we are on the coast. Then on Tuesday we were told to evacuate so Elder Christensen and I evacuated to the Assistant to the President's apartment in Tampa. That was cool.


The only thing that happened with Hurricane Michael in my area was there was some flooding on the Sponge Docks in Tarpon Springs. By Wednesday afternoon we were already back in our area. The Florida Tallahassee mission did get hit pretty hard though. Please pray for them. Our stakes have been helping with the clean up, but as missionaries we don't get to clean up. That was sad to hear, but we are able to further the work here. That will be good.

 

Then Elder Christensen and I went and worked really hard this week. On Wednesday night, Elder Christensen was not in the best of moods because we were not able to get a lot of work done. The next 3 days though we were really diligent and it was really cool because we were able to contact around 20 people a day which is our goal. Heavenly Father Truly blesses those that are diligent in his work. I know that it is because Elder Christensen and I had faith that he would provide the miracle and he did.

 

We also had a good lesson with Jeff. It was Elder Christensen's last lesson so Max, Jeff's son came and said goodbye. We read 3 Nephi 12 and had a good conversation about the Beatitudes. He is back on the upward climb. Hopefully as we keep working he will be able to keep progressing.

 

Then today we had our transfer calls. I found out I will be staying in Palm Harbor and Elder Mainor, my district leader will be my new companion. It is funny since his first name is Brian so we have had a joke whenever we are together where we are a part of the Bry/ian club. I am excited to keep working with everyone. My old companion Elder Christensen is headed home and I am excited for him. He has been a great missionary. I am excited to hear how much fun he has at Utah State next semester. If any of you are up there then, say hi to him.

 

Other than that, not much has changed. I hope y'all have another great week.

 

God Bless!

 

Elder Beard

 

1 Nephi 19:9 "And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his longsuffering towards the children of men."

 

1. My district (Elder Mainor, my next companion is the one with the red tie)

2. The Bird family




Comments

Popular posts from this blog